As a responsible member of society, Tabuchi Kaiun Co., Ltd. shall engage in the shipping management of liquid chemical bulkers, oil tankers, and liquefied gas bulkers and commit to the prevention of global environmental and marine pollution, protection of natural resources, and elimination of waste products.
Quality of vessel operations, Environmental policy
We will ensure and maintain the safe operation of vessels, safety of personnel, and protection of the environment, in addition to compliance with relevant laws and regulations, all of which shall be prioritized over other things.
- We will earn our stakeholders’ trust by ensuring high-quality vessel operations in addition to providing stable maritime transportation services.
- We will promote resource conservation, energy conservation, waste reduction, recycling, etc., aiming for the prevention of environmental pollution with particular focus on minimizing maritime pollution.
- We will assess our environmental policy, the quality of our vessel operations, and our progress towards achieving the environmental objectives and targets, thus ensuring and maintaining continuous improvements with the aim of conserving biodiversity for the marine and global environment.
- Objectives and targets for the fiscal year will be determined at the beginning of each fiscal year by reflecting on the needs of external stakeholders and customer stakeholders and accounting for the results of the preceding fiscal year.
- The quality of vessel operations and environmental policy shall be understood, implemented, and maintained at all organizational levels, thus ensuring continuous improvements.
Organizational situation and registration chart for scope of application
1. Internal and External issues
1.1 Internal issues
- Maintaining and improving capabilities of personnel working on ships and on land
- Vessel equipment and operations that reflect environmental considerations
- Investments in human resources and equipment
- Compliance controls
- Integrating business and environmental management systems
1.2 External issues
- Changes in customer needs
- Changes in regulatory requirements
- Changes in social demand
- Natural disasters
2. Understanding stakeholders’ needs and expectations
2.1 Internal stakeholders’ needs
2.1.1 Ship owners
- Improving capabilities of personnel working on vessels
- Providing safety information
- Stable charter agreements
2.1.2 People inside the organization
- Supporting improvements of capabilities and motivation
- Continuous recruitment of human resources
2.2 External stakeholders’ needs
- Stable provision of products
- Avoidance of reputation damage
2.2.2 Regulatory offices
- Vessel operations without accidents or violations
- Prevention of damage to the environment
- Elimination of threats to daily life
3. Scope of application
(1) Ship Management Division (2) Those responsible in the Sales Division (emergency contacts) (3) Personnel working on vessels in operation (4) Vessel operations in the organization’s coastal shipping business handling the transportation of stakeholders’ cargoes